Sunday, October 25, 2009

Haggis

Hello again! Sorry it has been so long since I have written anything on the blog! We are leaving Paris today and headings towards Orange, which is a town in Southern France. We don't really know anything about it except that we found a cheap hotel room there : ) Ali is going to write about London, so I'll recap Edinburgh. Our hostel was okay, except that there were 16 beds squeezed into a fairly tiny room. And everyone was snoring and breathing so that by the time morning came around, it was disgusting and hot and smelly. But other than that, it was fine! We walked a lot around the city, went up and visited the castle, which we still know nothing about. But it was really pretty! We all tried Haggis, which is a traditional dish in Scotland that basically all Scottish people like but everyone else thinks is gross. It's all the leftover bits of meat mixed together with oats and spices and then squeezed into a skin like a sausage. It was interesting....very strong tasting. It looked like a little poop though.
At night we kind of just explored our neighborhood, one night ending up in a cemetery. We righted a few gravestones that had fallen, I fell over one....the usual stuff. The night of the cemetery, I spent the whole night up sick: vomiting and....other stuff. It was horrible, and even worse because I knew the next day we had to travel. As expected the next day was pretty awful- I had to go to the bathroom about every half hour. I also threw up outside the Edinburgh airport for awhile. I managed to hold it in on the actual flight, but when we got to Paris we found out that we had to take three separate trains to get to our hotel and I didn't think I was going to make it. I could barely stand up much less walk with my giant bag on. So we ended up taking a $90 taxi ride. Not great but we didn't know what else to do. I am much better now by the way, and have now pooped my pants too many times to count. I don't know why I am always the one with the poopy problems, but oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment