Saturday, October 3, 2009

Picture time!

We are all at an Internet cafe right now and all posting, I think, but I figured this was a good time to show some pictures of what in the world we have been up to.



Here we are, all ready to drive to the airport from the house of Ali! (I found an apostrophe but for some reason it takes a long time for it to actually appear when I press that key, so I will continue to avoid contractions...)


Ali, in the Zurich airport. I think Sarah was asleep at this point. These were the wicker chairs that we were able to stow our bags under while we slept/read/people-watched.


Sarah and Ali drinking some 1L steins of beer in Munich - we did not drink at Oktoberfest, since it was so expensive, but instead went with Doug to a biergarten to hang out for the evening.



Our hotel in Prague - hostels are fun, but it was nice to have our own room to sprawl and hang out in. Right now the girls are looking for deals for some of the countries we are about to travel to.




This was my kangaroo dish in Prague - it was quite delicious. Kangaroo steak with a cherry sauce, and mushroom tagliatelle. (I know it looks pretty rare, dad, but no good doctor could have brought this one back.)



In the central area of Prague. The buildings were really beautiful - but some of them, particularly the colorful ones, really reminded me of Disneyland...



So, when we first got to Prague from our bus (from Nuremburg), we were trying to figure out how to get to our hotel - we did not quite get that the big red M with the arrow is the Metro sign.



Ali and Sarah in Rothenburg, with the Tauber valley behind them.




The schneeballen - they were all over Rothenburg, beckoning from every window. They were yummy sugary pastries, but I think we all would have preferred something doughier.



Rachel (girl we met from Sydney), Sarah, me, and Ali - in our room at the youth hostel in Rothenburg.



Well, I think our internet time is running out quickly, so that is all for now!! Lots of love!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment